Paint correction, which is alternately known as swirl marks removal or machine polishing, refers to the reduction or removal of marks in the top layer of paint to produce more refined finish. Paint correction generally includes either hand or machine usage of different grades of cleaner or polish. The task is primarily done with rotary machine polishers to achieve the desired level of transformation. On the other hand, car detailing refers to cleaning and polishing all parts of a car from top to bottom. The process of car detailing requires the use of specialist tools and products that would not be typically used by an average car cleaner. Although both paint correction and car detailing involve cleaning and correction, there are some fundamental differences between the two.
Car detailing is specifically broken down into two categories: exterior and interior. Exterior detailing features cleaning and restoring the original look and condition of the surface of the car’s finish. Paint correction focuses solely on the environmental challenges that the exterior of a vehicle faces (such as exterior scratches, swirl marks, fading, water spots etc). Paint correction is done with the sole objective to bring back the original finish of the vehicle and prevent the surface of the vehicle from fading and scratches.
Detailing focuses on wash, wax, interior clean up apart from exterior cleaning and repairing. Car detailing is done even for changing wheels, tires to make everything look shiny and new. We resort to the detailing process after a vehicle gets back in dirty condition after a long days outing. In such cases, the vehicle will be washed to clean up the dirt to revert it back to the condition of the beginning of the day.
No concentration is given on painting aspects in case of car detailing. The focus of detailing is mainly on the interior as people spend most of their time driving the car. Paint correction, on the other hand, takes into account the issues with the paint. If you are looking to remove swirl marks, scratches, oxidation, etchings etc from the paint, then you are definitely considering to resort to paint correction process.
Paint correction requires more professional expertise and normally takes a lot more time than just the detailing process. Therefore, paint correction is more labor intensive and demands more knowledge on various tricks and methods of paintings and scratch removal procedure. So, the process requires an extensive understanding of the needs and wants of the clients.
Paint correction involves greater risk than car detailing process. That is why the professional needs to have thorough understanding of the client’s demand. There is always the risk to burn the paint, over thin clear coats or leave too much or too little paint on an expensive vehicle. So, the margin of error for the correction is too little. On the contrary, car detailing process involves less risks.
Paint correction generally requires more cost as it involves the use of specialized machines (buffing machines) and polishing agents to remove scratches and swirl marks. However, car detailing involves less complicated machines and takes less time than the correction process.
Paint Protection For New Cars
Car detailing is a performance through detailed cleaning, restoration and finishing of your car both on the exterior and the interior to give it a high-quality complete appearance. It is more than usual washing and cleaning job. You have to pay attention even to the tiniest details that when added up, make your car appear show worth. During this procedure, you start with the interior detailing so that you are not worried about messing the exterior while working on the inside.
Interior detailing requires thorough cleaning of the entire interior cabin. Most car interiors are made of materials such as vinyl, synthetic carpet upholstery, leather, carbon fiber composites, and plastics among others. Various techniques and products are required in order to clean these. Normally, vacuuming is the most commonly used method. However, other methods like steaming, brushes, foam and liquid chemical can be used in removing stains on the upholstery. Non-porous areas may be polished
Exterior detailing is more involving. It requires cleaning and restoration that may go beyond the car’s original surface finish conditions. Wheels, tires, windows, chrome trim and other visible components from outside are cleaned. Wide range of products and practices are used to perform these tasks based on your car’s surface condition, type, and the technician’s preferences. These products include acid-free degreasers, detergents, waxes and polishes, detail clay among many others.
Car detailing should not be taken to be a luxury service. On the contrary, it should be a considered as a routine preventive maintenance on your cars. It has the following advantages
- The enhanced appearance can add resale value to your car. Detailing your car before selling it help in putting it in its best look possible. This appeals the potential buyer thus increasing its value.
- It also keeps the car in good looks in between the washes
- Neglecting your car can be a safety hazard. Dirty mirrors and windows severely decrease the visibility especially when the sun is shining directly on your windshield.
- Oxidized and cloudy headlights are very dangerous as they dampen the brightness of your car’s headlights by about 80%. As it process of oxidation continues, the night travel visibility worsens since the lights starts to get blocked by the falling coating. Car detailing experts know exactly what is required to restore the headlights to their initial clear and shiny appearance. drbuffcarcare.com.au is good at this as well as drbuffdetailers and car-detailing-sydney. You can get these services from Sydney Campbelltown in the south west of Sydney
- By regularly detailing, your car can expose scratches and other flaws in the paintwork. Detailing prepares your car’s paintwork for a thorough and necessary polish to remove those imperfections and keep the car shining.
- For paint protection. Car detailing keeps the paint in perfect condition. Without waxing, your car is vulnerable to UV sun rays, acid rain, salt, road grim among other harmful factors which cause the paint to get oxidized and hence corrode and rust over time. Through regular polish and paint protection, the car’s exterior supports restoring work of the wax as well as protecting against further damage. As the protection is degenerated over time, it is crucial that it is done on a regular basis. If you love your car, paint protection is a must have!